Pet Insurance in Barnsley and Sheffield
If your pet requires emergency treatment, have you got it covered?
Did you know that each year, up to one in three pets are likely to need emergency veterinary surgery or treatment? It might also be surprising to hear that pet insurance claims are much more common than either home or car insurance claims. It is worth investing in pet insurance so you can be prepared for almost any eventuality.
When deciding on what pet insurance is right for you, it is a good idea to do your research into each policy as they are all different. You can’t simply rely on price alone – before choosing a policy there are several aspects you should consider:
• The level of cover you require
• Do you want to pay large excess bills to reduce your monthly payment?
• What you want your policy to cover?
• Do you want lifetime cover, or cover that lasts a year for each condition?
• Do you want your insurance to include additional benefits (for example: recovery costs and death benefits)?
Here at Abbey Vets, we suggest you look into a Petplan insurance policy as we feel they are the best provider. Here’s why:
• With Petplan’s Covered for Life guarantee your veterinary fee cover is renewed each year, regardless of how much you claim.
• Petplan doesn’t place exclusions at renewal on their Covered for Life policy. This means that ongoing conditions like eczema continue to be covered by the policy.
• Petplan won’t increase your premium or excess just because you make a claim.
• Petplan specialises in pet insurance so they understand the animal market and work closely with vets, charities and breeders.
Click here for more information on the different pet insurance options available.
If you would like more information about pet insurance, or to receive some sound advice from a member of our experienced team. Simply call Abbey Vets today on 01226 242 217.