Skip to content
For Emergencies & Appointments call: 01226 242217

Posts by cardelladmin

FREE CAT Neutering

FREE Cat Neutering in all our Barnsley Branches in conjunction with Barnsley Cats Protection Registration is required. Must live in the Barnsley Postal area. Donations to the Cats Protection are welcome.   Please Call your local branch to book. Can book in until 31st December 2015

Read More

Abbey Vets – Happy chews

Happy Chews

Don’t forget we stock a range of Happy Chew products to help with your pet’s health and well being covering a variety of common problems these pet treats are the perfect way to keep your pet happy and healthy.   For more information, or to book an appointment to any of our branches, simply call…

Read More

Cat’s Brush With A Rose Bush Leaves Vets Amazed

Cat's Brush With A Rose Bush Leaves Vets Amazed

Rory the ginger cat has amazed local vets by coming out unscathed after part of a rose bush went straight through his eye. Abbey Vets said it was a one in a hundred chance that the 10-month-old cat didn’t lose his eye after his brush with the bush. His owner Sharon Worman, of Redbrook, Barnsley,…

Read More

7th Veterinary Nurse Qualifies with Abbey.

7th Veterinary Nurse Qualifies with Abbey.

Katie Bradbury has qualified as a veterinary nurse with the Barnsley-based Abbey Veterinary Group, bringing the Group’s total of fully qualified nurses to seven. Katie, who lives in Cudworth, spent two years training to become a veterinary nurse. Her course included studying at the College of Animal Welfare in Leeds for one day each week,…

Read More

Cat With Horrific Burns is Adopted By Its Rescuers

Kylie the cat

A stray cat that was found in Rotherham with horrific burns to its face and neck is now making a good recovery after being adopted by the Denaby couple who found it. John Longley found the cat in the car park of Enterprise Rent A Car in Rotherham, where he works. He and his wife…

Read More

Tiny Puppy Survives After Swallowing Box Of Nurofen

miggles

A tiny puppy gave his owners a real headache when he swallowed a whole box of nurofen tablets – amounting to 80 times the toxic dose. The overdose would have been enough to kill most dogs, never mind one as small as Miggles. He is a Jack Russell/Chihuahua cross, weighing just 1.2 kilos – which…

Read More

Puppy Bites Off More Than She Can Chew

kandiipress

Kandii, a Yorkshire Terrier cross puppy, was rushed to Abbey Vets in Barnsley for an emergency operation to open her stomach and remove the silver hoop earring. Vet Louise Mallinson said that Kandii could have died if her owner Margaret Heptinstall, from Ryhill, near Wakefield, had not acted as quickly as she did. “The earring…

Read More